Manual gearbox repairs
Manual gearboxes require the use of a clutch as well as selecting each gear by moving the gear lever.
- Are you hearing a strange noise coming from the gearbox?
- Do you hear a squealing noise when you accelerate?
- Do you find it hard to change gear?
- Is there fluid leaking under the car?
- When you accelerate does the engine go faster but the car does not?
These are all signs that something is wrong with your gearbox and / or clutch system.
The good news is that many manual gearboxes and clutch systems can be repaired. They also have adjustments that can be made to compensate for wear. Certainly they need to be inspected regularly. If in doubt – drop in and we will take a look at your vehicle. We have all the tools necessary and lots of experience.
We service a wide area including Arundel, Chichester, Bognor Regis and Littlehampton